On this page you will figure out all the most frequently asked questions and answers regarding our services: the questions have been included in a chronological order of publication.
If there is not an answer to you own question, please feel free to contact us with an email and tell us what would be your doubt.
You will help us to grow up and others to have more clarity.
- Q How early should I be at the airport or at the port?
- A. As for transfers from Rome to Fiumicino or Ciampino airport, we suggest you leave the hotel, at least 3 hours before your flight so that you will be at the airport about 2 hours and 30 minutes prior to check in (even in case you have the boarding pass)
As for transfers from Rome to the port of Civitavecchia, our advice is to start 4 hours before the ship sails: you arrive at the port and you will have 3 hours of time to the practice of boarding
- Q How long does it take to get to Rome from Civitavecchia port or vice versa?
- A.Port of Civitavecchia journey is approximately 1 hour from Rome to the port or from the port to Rome.
- Q How long does it take to get to Fiumicino or Ciampino airport?
- A.To or from the airports of Fiumicino and Ciampino, usually the journey time is between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on traffic and time.
- Q I can not understand which my Arrival airport is?
- A The airports of Rome have different names and acronyms: below is a brief guide
Airport of Fiumicino (also called Leonardo da Vinci), is the international one and is symbol is FCO
Ciampino Airport (Rome’s second airport) is used mainly by low cost airlines and the symbol is CPO
- Q I decided just now to use your transfer from Rome Fiumicino Airport and soon I’m flying, how can I do?
- A.For last minute bookings (from 7 hours before the service) we recommend that you book via phone at the following number:
+39.3292.0937.65 (Active from 07am to 10pm)
If the service is among more than 7 hours or you can send us an email through the book page-transfer services.
- Q If I got here on public holiday or if there is a strike by public transport
- A We always guarantee service even at Christmas day or during strike’s public transports. We work all year 24 hours
- Q Once booked how long I have to wait for a confirmation?
- A We are online 16 hours a day and we usually send you a confirmation almost immediately: always keep in mind the local time (of Rome) when you book.
Usually our office times are from 07am to 10pm
For emergencies, we have a dedicated number that we send after booking and active at all hours and all days of the week.
- Q How can I book?
- A.Go to the page of the transfers and choose the service that interests you by clicking on the book now: for services not mentioned or for special needs such reservation by a group of 9 people up we suggest you to send us an email to contacts page and explain your needs and we will do our best to fulfill them.
You can also book via facebook or via chat during the hours in which it is active.
- Q What is included in your prices? Are there any extra charge?
- A All prices are clear and include:
- The transfer (price per car)
- Waiting time of a flight delay or baggage loss
- Number for emergencies
- Public Holiday transfer
Here follows the only cases where we apply an extra fee
- Payment by credit card (+ euro 3 – 5 )
- Night Charge + euro 5 from 10pm to 06am
- Baby Seat + euro 10
- Double stop + euro 10
- Q Where do I find my driver and how can I recognize him?
- A.Our driver will be waiting in the arrivals hall with your name written on a sign: normally the driver will be found just outside the arrivals hall where there’s a blue column with the words meeting point
- Q If i can not find him what can i do?
- A.As soon as you book the transfer service, we will send you a telephone number available 24 hours for emergencies : in this way we have never lost a transfer, so please do not leave the airport or your hotel without first contacting us.
Whether it’s a late night arrival or departure at 04:00 in the morning, you may be sure that we will send our driver : for any urgent needs you can always call the emergency number.
- Q When do I pay for the service?
- A Rometransfer.it never asks you the money in advance: once the service end you will pay directly to our driver, in the way your choice at the booking time
Costs are transparent and you’ll always know how much it costs you a service.
- Q Can I pay by credit card?
- A Of course: at the time of booking you can choose the form of payment you prefer: cash or by credit card.
To pay by credit card we ask for a small extra fee (€ 3 or 5).
We accept all major credit cards: am / Express, Mastercard, Visa
- Q My flight is delayed: what can I do to let you know?
- A You don’t need to notify us as we are able to monitor the air traffic: you will find your driver waiting for you even after 3 hours and at no extra cost